GPCA-WP Multisite Status
(on the GoGVO.com web host service, and the sevawebsites.org domain)
- Groups are re-nested again — after a several year failure by the Buddypress plugin developers to provide that feature after an independent “nested Buddypress groups” plugin developer decided to stop creating current versions of his plugin. The WP “core CMS developers” need to keep providing now-automatic updates of what are called “minor versions” of WP in part to keep site and multisite “security” at a high level. Then every few years or so WP core developers make a “major upgrade” to WP, such as from WP version 4.x to WP 5.0; a year or two later from WP 5.0.x to 5.1.0, and so on. Plugin developers need to be sure their plugins do not “cease to work” or “break” with each minor or major upgrade of WP “core”.
- No Groups have site-user members yet, nor should they. because I, JGW,, , the original multisite creator, first administrator and first content creator for this multisite, have not yet requested that USA Green Party members volunteer to sign-up for accounts on this multisite. The first such volunteers would need to agree to be “site testers” who keep records of what they like and do not like about this multisite, about any of the county sites, and about any of the content on any of the sites of this multisite.
- Related forums for some groups exists, but few have forum topics yet.
- Some Groups have Forums with the same title as the parent Group name. I, JGW, may have created forum topic names for some of these forums.
- Other Forums on this site are “unique” to this site and in the first instance were all created by me, JGW. I, JGW, may have created forum topic names for some of these forums.
- All sites of this multisite have FIVE Main Menu names at the top of their site’s home page, an area of a home page also called its “header”. Below-header main menu items (i.e. the page names of the defined and public top-level pages of a state site and the county sites) – AND THEIR CHILD Pages — seem 90% “complete”, their sub-menus, a.k.a. child pages (nested pages or parent pages) “NEED MORE WORK”, But the lot of them can be useful prototype pages & menus for adding to the remaining 1st-stage GPxx in-development sites’ menus (4 in 2016: GPME, GPOR, GPNV, GPNY prototype sites).